Welcome to episode number six of the Multi Family Legacy podcast. Today, I am talking about believing in yourself. So often when we share our dreams with people, and they try to tell us all of the reasons why we can’t achieve them.
I want to tell you that you are worth it, and you can do whatever you put your mind to. Just keep in mind that people will let you down, so don’t let them steal your dreams. Once you accept this, people can’t hurt you with their words.
Topics on Today’s Episode:
- The power of being mindful of who you share your dreams and goals with.
- How family can say some of the meanest things, but once you understand why they are saying them those things won’t be hurtful anymore.
- When you share your dreams and goal friends and family think they are supposed to be the voice of reason.
- They say these things to deter you so that you don’t get hurt.
- Many times they are not qualified to give you business advice. They may be coming from a place of not knowing what they don’t know.
- They may try to derail you because they don’t want you to get hurt.
- Sometimes people don’t want to see you get ahead of them and they try to water down your dreams.
- When I got into real estate full-tilt, I was very careful about who I opened up to about my dreams and goals.
- Be careful about sharing what is going on in your life with people. They might ruin you, but they don’t mean to do it on purpose.
- My video Believe and the first time I felt doubt.
- I want you to shine and boldly proclaim what you are going to do to yourself.
- When you truly believe you can, that is when your life starts to change.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
“Imagine what life would be like if you didn’t have to worry about money.” Corey Peterson
“When you understand why friends and family may say hurtful things, you can take their power away.” Corey Peterson
“If you want counsel, don’t share your dreams and goals or ask advice from people who aren’t qualified to answer.” Corey Peterson
Don’t forget to download my Free Workshop Quickstart Video Series, and if you like what you have heard please leave a review on iTunes. On the next episode, I am going to give a quick shout out to some of my reviewers.